- 4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 85g unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/3 cup warm water
- 2 Tbsp (or more) chopped herbs of choice
- Soften or melt butter on low heat.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer add the flour, salt and baking powder and stir to combine.
- Add the softened butter and water and with dough hook attached mix on low speed until all the ingredients come together into a dough.
- Add chopped herbs.
- Knead the dough for about 5 minutes in the machine.
- When dough comes together in a soft and smooth ball, sticking slightly to the bottom, dump it out on a work surface.
- Divide into 16 equal balls of dough. Cover with a tea towel and let rest for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Use a rolling pin to roll one dough ball at a time into a disk. Use a light sprinkling of flour to prevent the dough sticking to the surface or rolling pin.
- Preheat a pan to medium heat, and place tortilla in center of pan, cooking on one side for about 30 seconds - bubbles form and get slightly brown on underside. (Adjust heat lower if it seems to burn rather than brown).
- Flip and cook similarly on other side.
- Lift from the pan to cool on a wire rack. Repeat with the remaining balls of dough.